Thursday, May 23, 2013

Quick Lunch for a Hot and Muggy Summer Day...

My Yummy Un-lettuce Salad 
Yesterday was hot and muggy and I was working on orders all day. I was hoping for a slight breeze but there was nothing so I ended up bringing out the fan. I love living in Florida and the weather is usually nice but these are the days that even a Starbucks double shot can not give you enough energy to move through the dense warm air. I wanted a super quick lunch that was refreshing and crunchy. 


I usually make my own dressing but even something as easy as making dressing was just not happening. I looked in my fridge and pulled out a bunch of veggies and some leftover corn on the cob. I love lettuce but was just not feeling the lettuce vibe so back in the fridge it went. 


Salad Supreme Seasoning by McCormick
I cut up a cucumber after I spooned out the seeds, yucky seeds! Grated carrot, a roma tomato, red pepper and the corn removed from the cob was added to my big blue bowl. This is my favorite cheap plastic bowl from Walmart, it is the perfect size for a salad. I could not find a glass bowl the size I wanted, most were too small to toss a salad for one person. 

Raspberry Hazelnut Vinaigrette Dressing by Wish-Bone
I added a pinch of  kosher salt. I can not live without kosher salt so if you have not tried it please do or we can no longer be friends... just kidding. Fresh ground black pepper, a splash of Wish-Bone Raspberry Hazelnut Vinaigrette Dressing and a few shakes of McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning were also added. This un-lettuce salad was awesome! It was sweet from the corn and acidic from the dressing. It took all of five minutes to make and you can add anything you want. Basically any leftovers even chicken would have been great! Check out McCormick and Wish-Bones websites for some tasty recipes by clicking in the link under the pics. Bon Appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment