Thursday, November 29, 2012

Yankee Candle, what were you thinking?

Photo courtesy of Yankee Candle
I try to support small businesses every chance I get but there are some Holiday traditions that I cannot go without. Every year I look forward to going into my local Yankee Candle shop. I find so many adorable holiday gifts. You can always count on them to have great sales and coupons. The smell of the store is amazing and they feature a new collection each season.

My Holiday Favorites
Some of my favorite picks this year include this adorable Christmas Bear Tart Warmer. He is roasting a marshmallow from atop his birch tree. This reminds me of our recent camping trip where we roasted marshmallows to a golden brown while our friends lit them on fire...lol
Christmas Bears Tart Warmer
When the holidays come I miss a few things from growing up in NY. Family is number one on my list, followed by snow and lastly is the scents of the season. I miss real Christmas trees... not the ones bought at Walmart but the ones we used to cut down ourselves! They smelled so wonderful and I will never forget getting bundled up to make the long trek into the woods to cut down the perfect tree. This Balsam and Cedar Room Spray smells so close to the real thing. If you close your eyes and hold a mug of hot chocolate you just might be transported to a wonderful little memory!
Balsam and Cedar Room Spray
Geared up for some fun on the ice, this Snowman Tea Light Holder will melt your heart! He is definitely on my Christmas list this year! At only $12.99 he is a bargain that will bring much joy!
Top Hat Snowman Tea Light Holder
So here comes the "What were you thinking?!" part...
I think Yankee Candle may be running out of scent possibilities because they missed the mark on these unusual candles.

Is there a secret society of Brown Paper Package sniffers out there that I have never heard of? Anything is possible...
Brown Paper Packages Large Jar Candle
There is nothing on earth that smells better than puppy breath...I just love how new puppies smell. But kitten whiskers, really? We have a cat named Oreo and he has whiskers, lots of them. They don't smell like anything! Maybe because he is 12 years old and this candle says kitten whiskers! He is just too old to smell like kitten whiskers!
Whiskers On Kittens Large Jar Candle
Schnitzel with Noodles candle? Do I really have to blog about why this candle will be 75% off after the holidays? Who wants to smell this for 150 hours?
Schnitzel With Noodles Large Jar Candle
Yankee Candle, I love you! And even though you missed the mark on a few items this year, you will still be my first stop when I go to the mall. Maybe if I was good this year Santa Claus will bring me some Yankee Candle but not Brown Paper Packages, Whiskers on Kittens, or Schnitzel with Noodles...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment